Monday, April 05, 2010

walk along Worthing Pier

I am a bit behind with my walks, so when we walked into town along the seafront this morning I thought I would photograph my walk along the pier.  Unfortunately the batteries in my camera died, so I borrowed DH’s camera.  As the sun was so bright I couldn’t see what I was taking!!!

There are always lots of shows on at the Pavilion theatre on the landward end of the pier.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The buildings on the pier are very art deco in style.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is the night club at the end of the pier.  Just imagine all those girls trip-trapping along the wooden slats in their ultra high heels late at night!

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

There are always lots of fishermen fishing off the pier:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I am trying to get a feel for the art deco style here!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

But they didn’t say no kitesurfing over the Pier! (picture from Littlehampton gazette last November)

pierjumper

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great photos ...love the fishermen one ... I love peirs whish they were looked after better in some places ...after all they are a part of Britsh heritage.