Thursday, October 20, 2005

Last month

It's nearly a month since I last wrote. I've been busy - joined a team on UKS and that has taken over everything! I love it. It's so nice to know you are chatting to real people out there.

We have been to Paris since I last wrote. Mum and dad, Us 4 and Andrew and Lynda, Michelle and Izzy. WE stayed overnight in a travelinn at Ashford, and then caught the 7.20am eurostar to Paris. It was fab. WE took a sightseeing bus to the Eiffel Tower, which took us past most of the main sights, and then we stayed at the Eiffel Tower for a few hours. Me, mum and Dad stayed at the bottom, Andrew, Nicholas, Michelle and Maurice went up to the second floor on foot. Lynda, Lucy and Izzy went right to the top! Traffic was awful getting back to Le Gare du Nord, and it was a bit of a rush at the last minute, but we caught our return train OK, and we were back home by 9.30pm. Everyone really enjoyed themselves.

The following weekend I went up to London to an AIFHS committee meeting. I stayed with Elaine on the Friday night. We went to Rod's house for the meeting and Daphne, Ruth and Colin joined us online. Rod's wife did us a gorgeous spread afterwards. Elaine and I took a taxi back to her flat. Maurice met me at Victoria on Sat am and we spent the day at the V&A museum and Harrods. Couldn't really find anything we wnated to see at the V&A, I bought M a bottle of whiskey from Harrods for Xmas.

Since then I have been scrapping a lot. I have been to a crop at Janet's house in Hove, and a CM crop at Lancing. Sort of combining the 2 styles now, beginning to find my own way a bit more. Not enjoying looking back at the first LOs!

I am membership secretary now for AIFHS. Just beginning to find my feet, and sort all the paperwork out. Nicholas may help by writing a database for me.

Seeing Angela for coffee tomorrow. HUrrah! Saw Jacqui and Claire for a drink last night. Love my friends.

Feel quite content at the moment.

No comments: