Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bank holiday weekend

I competed in my first (and last), dog agility competition on Sunday. Merlin and I were absolutely useless! I have to say Merlin and I, becasue it's probably 80% owner, 20% dog. There is a lot of skill involved, and I haven't got it. And I get so out of breath running after him!!! There is an awful lot of waiting around - we were there for over 4 hours, and did 3 runs of about 2 mins each. I think Merlin was just raring to go each time, so he just went where he wanted, not over the jump he was supposed to. Maurice took some video, which is really funny, especially as he managed to get the best as comparison!

The weather has been lovely this weekend, and Maurice has nearly finished painting the front doors. They look so much better. But, as we spent so long at agility, he had to paint yesterday, (BH Mon) so we couldn't go out for the day. I took Lucy to buy school clothes, not a good thing to do on BH! Ended up going in a really trendy shop for black trousers, but not too expensive, but not terribly good quality - oh I do wish she would have M&S or Next trousers for school!

M, N and L went for a really long bike ride late yesterday afternoon. They were gone 2 hours! I sat and read my book, and did a bit of scrapbooking. We had salmon for tea, and I cut some courgettes from the garden, and roasted them with tomatoes from the garden and peppers. Really tasty.

Today, I am helping at the family centre pirate party!

No comments: