Monday, December 01, 2008

December diary - day 1

It's Christmas Journal time again! This year I am going to do a combination of Shimelle's class and Ali Edwards December diary. I need to make my book today, so I can just write, stick in photos and embellies!

Here's my 'don't forget' page from last year. I haqve been ppretty good. I admit I am not particularly organised with presents, but have made a start. I don't need to think too hard about food this year cos I'm not cooking Christmas dinner! (yipee!) I WILL sort out the decorations and throw out those we don't use anymore. I have made plenty of simple cards, and am pleased with them, but have had to supplement with bought ones. I must buy a new Christmas CD though!



Here's the manifesto from Shimelle's class.


Starting today, December first, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write
something every day to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of
the present and dream about the holidays of the future. To some, this would be a
stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and most importantly I am giving at least fifteen minutes to myself, every day, no matter how crazy this season becomes. This Christmas I will make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories.
My first entry is going to be what I have already done in preparation for Christmas. Actually it's quite a bit!
Made over 40 cards
bought Michelle and Izzy's presents
bought wrapping paper (cheap from Asda and expensive from M&S)
organised delivery date for Christmas tree (nice man from the pet shop called to book a date!)
organised what Mum will do on Christmas day
advent swap on Ukscrappers (what fun!)
started to buy and wrapped presents fro Nicholas and Lucy for the month of December (needs completing!)
ordered presnts for Maurice
ordered BG wassail papers! (for my Dec diary)
taken and ordered photos for Brighton and Hove crop to do Christmas LOs
made 2 Christmas cakes

No comments: