Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Oh here we are tumbling into 2009, no where near ready for another new year! We stayed in last night, just the 3 of us, (Lucy was off partying!!). We watched Narnia with Nicholas. Very enjoyable film. Made me think about betrayal etc, and maybe I should look into an Alpha course this year.

I haven't had time to sit down and think about my goals for 2009. I have decided to have a go at setting myself SMART goals in certain areas of my life. The idea came from Maurice's nephew's partner Angela. I have also picked a WORD for 2009 (see Ali Edward's blog). I have finally settled on SIMPLIFY, after considering FOCUS and JOY. Why SIMPLIFY? I just think that if I simplify things in my life I will be able to think more clearly, and thus get less distracted (hence why I considered FOCUS), and I want to be able to see the JOY in everything, which will be easier if I can see more clearly.

I have already started to simplify, by simplifying the way I use my computer. I still want to read blogs, and I have expanded and updated my list of blogs here. Nicholas has just showed me how to use the RSS feed facility in outlook, so I will use that for a couple of blogs (Robert Peston on the BBC) and see how I get on with it. It sounds great, especially as it just automatically downloads the latest entry, whereas with my links I have to click on them and download the actual blog to see if there is a new entry.

Just off to sort out my huge pile of scrapbooking stuff, and figure out my priorities (PRIORITISE could have been another word for me!) for projects in 2009. I also have a few online classes that I didn't do last year, so I must do them, but using material from the projects I want to do.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

No comments: