Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Teaching a Scrapbooking workshop!

I have just had a brilliant day! I led a workshop about scrapbooking for family centre workers from across the South East! (It was the south-east conference of 'Family Action', formerly FWA, and the theme was 'well-being') Judi from Worthing FC helped me, so we went shopping last week, and then both sorted out some bits from our own stash.

I decided to do a page '5 things about me', and do an A4 page, so as to keep it simple, and portable so they could keep it more easily than 12 x 12.

Here's the stash after the first session! I cut lots of scraps of pp, stickers, took stamps and punches, and we bought A4 card in different colours, sticky ribbons, and more stickers!

Hardly anyone followed my samples! They all had their own ideas, which was really great! Unfortunately, not many had bought a photo, so we cut white card 6 x 4 for them to stick their photo on to when they get home.

Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, and several wanted to know how they could get started themselves. We also stressed ways in which they could use these ideas with families and people they work with. We decided it might be less daunting to them than say painting, as you don't need to be 'arty', and you can just enjoy the stash, the colours and texture for example.




Here are some of the finished pages. Everyone is completely different - something that always amazes me!

This is definately something I would like to do again sometime. Let's hope at least 1 person that joined in today takes it up more formally, and that it gets used in some 'therapeutic' way.







No comments: