Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy Childhood

We have swapped round the computers a bit here. I now have Dad's computer, because it is much better than mine. Nicholas has sorted it all out for me this week. What I wnat to tell you about though is the cine films I found on here! Dad had all the cine films converted to DVD a year or so back with the idea of editing them - he never did! But there are 4 hours of old cine film on this computer!!! They are absolutely wonderful - my 6th birthday, family weddings, beach holidays, relatives visiting etc. I am going to watch a bit every day. Most of the film dates back to the late 1960s early 1970s, and it is just fabulous to see us all so much younger and moving! Just wish I knew how to show you a bit(LOL) but then you really had to have been there to appreciate them!! Maurice and SIL Lynda used to hate it when we got the old cine films out! And of course we always had to watch the bit where we went down the slide off Weymouth pier into the sea backwards - several times!!!

No comments: