Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wow, we had such a fabulous time in Rome! It really was a whistle stop tour though!

Here is the inside of the Colluseum, completely different to how I imagined! I thought it would be grass inside. I guess all this would have been underneath the 'stage', where the killings and Galdiator fights took place. It really is HUGE!


The Pantheon. It is Soooo ancient. Unfortunately it was shut because of easter and we couldn't go in.

The fabulous Trevi fountain. Actually I was a little disappointed, it didn't seem as big as I had imagined! Maybe because there were so many people about.



A lot of the buildings were this gorgeous terracotta colour.




The Sapnish steps. It seemd that anybody who was anybody in Rome were on those steps on Easter Monday! Such stylish people. And mostly Italians, not very many Americans or Japonese.



This wonderful view is from above Piazza del Popolo. It is looking towards th vatican city (those high walls) and that large dome is St Peters Basillica







One of my favourite shots! Part of a fountain in Piazza del Popolo.





And the Colosseum! It is so big, and so much part of the city. Awesome!









I just love this, a photo of Maurice taking a photo of the church of San Giovanni en Laterano








Finally, we were pleased with ourselves becasue we mastered the public transport system! Not that hard I know! But quite a thing for us. This is the double decker train we caught from Fiumicino airport right to our hotel! (well 5 mins walk to it anyway)
Back with more tomorrow. I did take 252!!! (and I haven't deleted very many) So you will have to see some more.




3 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fabulous pics Linda! Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Lesley x

Donna said...

Wow I would love to go there, seeing your photos is the next best thing!!!

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic photo's it must have been an amazing trip.