I have spent quite a lot of time today reading the Shimelle’s forum on her blogging for scrapbookers class. It has made me think about why I blog, and how I see my blogging in the future.
I blog because:
- I love writing diaries
- I love taking pictures and uploading the ‘best’ ones to my blog to help tell the story and make my blog post more interesting
- I love to document my everyday life so that I can enjoy looking back in years to come
- I like keeping in touch through blogging (always my craft friends so far, maybe I will be brave enough one day to give the blog address to other friends
- I like the fact it is hosted on the internet so that if my computer crashes i won’t lose it all
- It helps me to remember stories that I want to scrapbook
But it doesn’t always work like that! I am pretty good at keeping up with my photo a day, and that includes a lot of everyday things. I do keep in touch with friends through blogging (see my sidebar on my photo blog)
I don’t keep this one up very much now that I am blogging a photo a day on my other blog. I would like to keep it for explaining what is uppermost in my mind at any one time, and for remembering stories that I want to scrapbook.
I would like to make it funnier (LOL) and alter the tone and attitude. I want to explore different styles of writing and recording and therefore make it more interesting, and to for my readers!
I would also like to learn some more technical stuff, like how to get a better background – I quite like the background on the other blog, but not this one! And I guess there are lots of technical things that I don’t even know exist! So I will try and keep up with the forum.