Monday, March 05, 2007

Beth's Portsmouth crop minibook

Here are some photos of my minibook from the class that Beth took at her crop on Saturday. The whole point was to try out some new techniques, which I certainly did! The front cover has a textured surface, achieved with tissue and PVA glue! Then painted with acrylic paint, and I have highlighted the texture with a metallic rub-on. Beth used nail varnish.

This is the first time I've tried Japanese stab stitiching as a binding. It's easy! I was really pleased that my holes lined up OK, and the stitching looks great!

I finished the book yesterday, and decided to use BG Hang 10 papers, and make it a masculine book, with photos of DH on his BMW R1200GS motorbike, which he bought last year.

Here is my 'window' page.

There is a minibook inside the pocket. There is a photo later on to show the minibook.

On the LHS, I have glued a whole photo. The RHS is made from 2 pieces of acetate, painted roughly round the edge, then joined togther with eyelets, sandwiching a photo. I think this is very effective.

Here is the 'fold-out' page. I will do some journaling on the flaps. Again, I have attached a whole photo.

Inside of mini-minibook

It was a really good crop, with classes both morning and afternoon. Very well organised, easy to get to (only 45 mins from here, and I didn't get lost!), lots of great company, great venue, and there is a fish and chip shop just 2 mins walk away for lunch!!!


Beth said...

That book is brill. I love what you have with it. It was great to see you again.

mariag said...

Hi Linda, it was lovely to meet you on Saturday.
The book looks fab, love the masculine papers. Now I must complete mine!!!!