Monday, April 23, 2007

scrappin' - Stories of 2 LOs

Here's 2 more for my NY album. I'm really pleased with it so far, and especially these 2! Ice skating in central park was one of those WOW moments, am I really here? So I wanted to do it justice! I chose the green to complement the LHS LO of Central Park, and the dark colour complements the main photo well. It took a while to decide how to place the photos, and I cropped the little ones a bit to make them fit together. Then I chose embellishments to match, and found the Dawn Bibby white tiles for the title. But I only had 1 of each letter, so couldn't do the whole title, needed 2 'i's you see! So I dug deep and found the metal letters. I just love these 7 gypsies labels. I've journalled on it about the WOW moment! The flowers and ribbon came next, and then i wanted to write in different fonts on the little yellow square, so some is stamped, some is rub-ons. And then the words 'remember' and 'adventure' were rub-ons too. I did this at the Brighton and Hove crop on Saturday, and it came runner up in the Page of the day competition!

This skyscraper LO started off as a challenge at my Crawley crop. It had to be 3 photos, monochrome and have some metal on it. I wasn't going to go for the obvious B&W monochrome, but these grey and black Bazzill sheets just looked so good! Sky Scraper is written in chipboard, Maya Road, I think. Sky is simply inked with a black ink pad. Scraper has been covered in cardstock, sanded and inked at the edges. IRL it does look a bit messy! Which isn't really the look that goes with the sleek modern skyscrapers, but never mind!
The design is a scraplift from an Australian Scrapbook magazine, but you would never guess, cos it's turned round and is very different! The bling is Heidi Swapp, boy it is gorgeous. The chipboard flowers are Lil Davis I think, and the metal centres are from natalie at the Crawley crop. Aren't they fab? The stitiching was inspired by Kirsty Wiseman's LO at the Scrappers Paradise Photography day. Oh and the swirls and flourishes are from sandra, who was showing off her cuttlebug, and I decided to try the flourishes, and then thought, wow they'd look good on my LO!!!
So that's how I decide how I do a LO. Very haphazard don't you think?

No comments: