Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday evening thoughts

I'm on my own again, and can't get around to doing anything! When everyone is here, I can't seem to get around to doing anything either! What I Should be doing is making a mini book for my friend Sarah, who I'm seeing for lunch on Friday. We went to her absolutely fabby 25th anniversary dinner back in August, and I've decided to try and make her a book becasue the card I made for her was so naff!

Just walked the dog, boy it's got cold suddenly over the last week! Very autummy all of a sudden. Just after I got in, the phone rang, and it's Lucy's maths teacher. She's on detention tomorrow after school for talking too much, and just not working. She's also on report for 2 weeks in the hope that she will work harder. She is capable of A* in Maths, but for some reason doen't seem to think it's cool to work hard. What are we going to do with her? She has been in trouble before - just before half term, and it ended up with a huge row between her and DH, and her confessing that she has been smoking!!! What a shocker, considering how sporty she is. I thought we had turned a corner, and I've really tried to keep the nice 'together' feeling I got when on holiday in NYC. I think it's time for some punishment, the softly softly approach (from me) and the huge full blown argument approach (from DH) have not worked. It's either no MSN for a week (I'm shuddering just thinking about what her reaction will be!) or no sleep-over at Emma's at the weekend (for Emma's birthday). I'm favouring the MSN atm.

Ordered some yummy stash from www.jillybeans.co.uk and www.stampgalaxy.co.uk, and I've been a naughty girl on eBay!! Mind you, I lost most of the auctions, but I did buy a second chance offer of a gorgeous heart Christmas stamp- must make my Christmas cards.

I really want a QK alphabet, so am planning on a visit to www.crafts-u-love.co.uk. It's not too far from here, and they have a wonderful selection of QK dies. Might even be tempted with something not alpha. Wonder if they stock the new BG papers?

Tomorrow I'm at the Family Centre for an open day. They want me to participate in a workshop on volunteering, and how they use volunteers. I'm really looking forward to it - makes me feel like I'm part of the big wide world, and that what I do there is valued. And they are giving me lunch!!

Off to print some photos for this mini book.

1 comment:

Mj said...

Sending you big hugs Linda, think your right on the softly approach not working, good luck with the 'no msn', it must be so frustrating when you know she can do better and of course she doesn't understand how important it is. Hope you sort it all out.

Hugs
MJ xx