Sunday, September 17, 2006

Michelle's birthday



Here's the card I made for my niece's 17th birthday. The colours haven't come out at all well! The papers are from the free Scrapbook to Go kit (K & Co) that came free when I subscribed to Scrapbook Inspirations. The idea came from the box lid decoration I made at the crop yesterday. The present is a lush little Benefit makeup set.

The 'party' happens every year. All my brother and SIL's families are invited to a birthday tea. What can I say? I usually don't want to go, SIL's family are so different to ours, loud and brash! Tonight we sat and listened to a 16 year old calling her mother 'Jools'. Sorry that isn't my kind of talk, no respect, man! And there is usually not enough food! And everyone has to have a turn at blowing out the candles on the birthday cake (well, not so much now they are older!) Oh well, hopefully we won't have to do it much longer.

No comments: