Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving day 23 and 24

OK I'm taking 2 days to be thankful for this! I am so grateful to Shimelle, who ran 'Everyone has a story' workshop yesterday in Gosport. I have always been inspired in my scrapbooking by Shimelle, both in magazines, books and online, so to have the opportunity to got to a workshop and meet her in real life was just amazing! (Bit star struck really!!!)

We had a fabulous day. Thanks to Sue from Gosport who organised it, fabulous venue, so spacious and light. And thanks to my new pal Helen, with whom I car shared. We didn't stop talking all day long, and I hope to meet up with her in the new year to continue with the project together.

I have loads of inspiration to take away from the workshop! I will use different size photos in my scrapbooking from now on, and will do more journaling!

Look at all this lovely food! We had to take a dish that meant something in our lives, and the stories were really interesting! There was literally tons of gorgeous foods, soup (YUM) sausage rolls, nibbles, salads, quiches, gateaux, cakes, cream etc. Thanks to everyone for providing!












Here's Shimelle in full flow! I think she was explaining about writing down that you intend to carry on with this project at this point.
















And here I am 'starstruck'!!! LOL Seriously though, Shimelle really is a very nice person, and a fabby teacher.


3 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Lovely to see your photos Linda, wish I'd taken more.

Julia Dunnit said...

Hey Linda, great photos..I and my 2chums sat behind you! I would never have guessed that you and Helen had only just met for the journey; shows how well scrapping brings us together - it was a good day.

Carol said...

Wow looks like a brilliant day!!

Can't wait to see some of your pages
TC
:)