Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Thanksgiving day 4





Today I am grateful for time! Time to do my hobbies. I have many very time consuming hobbies: scrapbooking, altering, cardmaking, sewing, reading, gardening, photography, family history, computer, etc etc!

I guess I have my dad to thank for encouraging me to be interested - and to get involved. He loved to paint, and belonged to Lancing Art Club. His major hobby though was making thing! He loved to make things out of wood, and made furniture (I have a bookcase, and a bench seat (shaker style) ), and toys. He made a full size rocking horse for my brothers children when they were little, it is gorgeous!

I have Maurice to thank for me not having to work! I do my cleaning job to fund my'habits' as the other girls at work say!LOL. It is really nice to be able to buy what I want to without feeling guilty. My major spend is on scrapbooking stash, but I expect to be buying more and more fabric as my sewing habit gets the better of me!

The only problem is that I can be a bit selfish with my time! I don't like to be interupted, eg to take Lucy somewhere, or to cook tea, or to answer the phone! I do try to be patient though and not show my irritation!

No comments: